February 27, 2012

Ricki Lee's inspirational transformation 'I have the power in my life to be happy'

Ricki slimmed down

Looking fit and fabulous at the Races



Ricki Lee Coulter has transformed her size 14 shape to now a slim size 8 by losing 25 kg after a year-long health and fitness regimen. With her newly fit physique, Ricki feels stronger mentally and physically.

"I’m all about confidence and promoting that, and being fit has absolutely made me feel a million times better," Ricki-Lee recently told New Idea. "I love running. I love going to the gym and doing some weights – the next couple of days you feel the muscles you’ve been working," the singer says.

Ricki admitted to suffering from depression, which attributed to her former unhealthier lifestyle. She can recognise her troubles began during her turbulent relationship with her high-school sweetheart. Their one-year marriage ended in divorce in 2008, just as her career was hitting new highs.

"I was living my dream but behind closed doors my personal life was a mess," the 2004 Australian Idol contestant told the Sunday Herald Sun. "I felt alone, I bottled it all up and it made things worse. I wanted to give up everything. I wouldn't leave the house for days at a time. I'd sit in the house all day and do nothing. There was this big black cloud hanging over me all the time and I didn't know how to get away from it."

Completing her transformation, Ricki is in a new relationship with personal trainer Richard Harrison, and said she has no regrets, instead she has learned to come to terms with the person she is today. "I couldn't be happier. Things don't weigh me down any more. I confront things and I move on. I don't dwell on things, I don't let things simmer under the surface. I am where it starts and where it ends. I have the power in my life to be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment