February 14, 2012
Beetroot and walnut pizza
Walnuts not only taste great but are a rich source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and an excellent source of those hard to find omega-3 fatty acids. They are a great addition to a vegetarian pizza to add some protein to your diet.
Beetroot and Walnut Gluten-Free Pizza
* 1 gluten-free pizza base
* 1 sachet of tomato paste
* 1 can of sliced beetroot
* 100 grams of low-fat fetta cheese
* 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped roughly
* 3 tablespoons of kalamata sliced olives
* 1 handful of low-fat grated cheese
1. Cover the base with tomato paste.
2. Layer with beetroot slices, top with crumbled low-fat fetta, olives, grated cheese and walnuts.
3. Bake in a hot oven (200 degrees) for 15 minutes, until base is crisy and topping is toasted and cheese is melted.
4. Cut with pizza slicer and serve with a green salad.