I used a delicious coconut cashew cream I bought from a health food store here in Brisbane. If you can't find this (I've added a picture in the post), just add more almond butter and coconut oil. I froze my chocolates in a heart shaped silicone mould, and added some little berries into each one. Try adding desiccated coconut, orange zest or cinnamon for different flavours.
This recipe is inspired from the 'I Quit Sugar' cookbook from Sarah Wilson.
Sugar-free Cacao Coconut Hearts
- 3 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut cashew cream
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of powdered cacao
- 1 tablespoon of Natvia
- 2 tablespoons of small frozen berries
- Combine all ingredients, except the berries, in a small mixing bowl. If the ingredients are quite cold, you may need to microwave on low for 10 or so seconds, just to make sure the ingredients easily combine.
- Spoon the mixture into your silicone moulds about 3/4 full. If you don't have a mould, you can spread the mixture flat onto a tray lined with baking paper and cut into squares when frozen. In this case, add the berries into the mixture before pouring onto tray.
- Top with frozen berries and drizzle remaining mixture over each mould to cover.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, until solid.
- Pop out each chocolate and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- To serve, remove 5 minutes before eating.