So I am team neutral but this year we have the Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks competing for the title. Who is your team? Whoever you are supporting, I have some fun ideas for healthy party snacks and skinny sweets to help you celebrate.
Let's get into the recipes!
Chickpea Dip with Vegetable Sticks and Crackers
- 1 cup of tinned chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (optional)
- paprika and oil
- vegetable slices in red and green for each team
Puree all these ingredients together until creamy. Serve topped with a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of paprika. Serve with seed crackers (no white flour!) and vegetable sticks.
Vegan Chocolate Football Brownies
- 1 cup of wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of linseed mix
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of rice bran oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Combine the spelt flour, baking powder, cacao and sugar together. In a separate bowl, mix together linseed, water, rice bran oil, banana and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Put some baking paper into a brownie tin and pour in to fill.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool in tin.
Cut out the brownie cake with a knife into football shapes by making a curve on each side to meet. Use a white icing pen to draw on the lines to make the football complete!
A sports party is not complete without a little booze, lets be real. It makes the cheers louder and eases the pain if your team loses. These cocktails are cute served in jars with a label written with your team on.
- 1 cup of sugar-free cranberry juice
- 2 shots of contrieu
- 2 shots of raspberry vodka
- the juice of one lime
- 1 cup of sugar-free Sprite or lemonade
I hope you enjoyed a few of these simple ideas and may your team be victorious!
Lots of Love xxx