February 23, 2012
Skinny gluten-free rasberry coconut pudding
Is there anything more delicious than warm pudding served with comforting custard? Well never fear, there are plenty of skinny options for pudding lovers. This recipe is adapted from Delicious magazine. I love the sticky jam base of this golden-coloured cake, which has mouth-watering crunchy exterior.
Skinny Rasberry Coconut Pudding
* 1/3 cup of sugar-free rasberry jam
* 1 2/3 cups of gluten-free plain flour
* 3 teaspoons of baking powder
* 350 grams of caster sugar
* 100 grams of dessicated coconut
* 4 eggs, 2 whole and 2 egg whites
* 400 ml of low-fat soy milk
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* 60 grams of organic butter melted
* low-fat sugar-reduced custard
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Spread the jam over the base of a 2L pie dish.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients, beating as you go. Remember ingredients will combine more easily if they are at room temperature.
4. Pour the cake mixture into the pie dish and bake for 40 - 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and cake feels springy to touch.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before serving with a spoon and drizzling with warmed custard.
Serves 6 - 8