February 11, 2012
Valentine's Day turkish delight and fairy floss cupcakes
These cupcakes are the epitome of romance flavoured with rose petal and sugary fairy floss. I made mine gluten-free and with soy milk; they turned out perfectly. I've been told it's one of my best efforts - and a great flavour for a girly party. In saying that, the boys love them too!
Valentine's Day Turkish Delight and Fairy Floss Cupcakes
1 quantity vanilla cupcake or cake mix
Fairy floss - I used Pariya food Pashmak persian rose flavoured fairy floss
Red food colouring
Turkish delight, 8 pieces chopped
120 grams of butter
3/4 cup of icing sugar
1. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin and preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2.Make the vanilla cupcake mix as per instructions and add 1/2 teaspoon of red food colouring.
3. Mix in the turkish delight and 1/2 cup of fairy floss.
4. Fill each muffin hole 3/4 of the way up with the cake mix.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until set and cooked through.
6. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
7. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, icing sugar and 1/2 cup of fairy floss until light and fluffy.
8. Ice each cupcake and top with heart-shaped freckles.