April 02, 2013

Fitness Model's Workout and Diet Plan


Here is a sample plan of a workout schedule and diet plan to follow to achieve a fitness model physique, which won't be as bulky as a bodybuilder but will be toned and lean. For sample menu plans, click here.

Plan to workout with weights 4 days a week, and if you have some fat you need to blast, you add 2 days of cardio, no less than 25 minutes and no more than 45 minutes. For example:

Monday is always going to be Upper Body

Tuesday is always going to be Legs

Wednesday is Cardio

Thursday is Glutes and Abs

Friday is Upper Body and Legs (mini workouts)

Saturday is Cardio

Sunday is your OFF-Active Rest Day, and also Food Prep Day (grocery shopping and meal planning)

Start every workout with a warm up. Warm up simply by walking in place, then moving side to side, and then picking up the intensity to say maybe jumping jacks, and then running in place. Aim for a warm up for at least for 5 minutes.

Pick Three Exercises PER Body Part.

Perform 8-12 reps for 3 sets, at a challenging weight where the last 8-12 are hard to finish.



25 Minute Cardio Workout:

Fitness models focus on keeping their heart rates down, not allowing them to start burning off their hard earned muscle mass.

Fitness models rarely run, because this too "eats at their muscle mass," and makes them flabby.
Fitness models aim at no more than 25-to-45 minutes of cardio, unless it's time to compete, where they bump it up.

Don't run or try to embrace another form of low impact cardio. Fitness models and other professionals lean towards the "no running" principle because it's known to "eat away" at the muscle you work so hard to gain.

Don't work against yourself and defeat your progress by running. It takes a lot of energy with no real gains, except for cardiovascular. You can receive cardiovascular benefits from other low impact versions such as using the Elliptical, Nordic Track, Air Stepper, and the Stair Master.

Don't do less than 25 minutes, or more than 45 minutes. This "magic zone" between 25-to-45 burns fat. If you do more than that your body "hits a plateau" and your body "hits a wall" and you slows/stops your progress.

Don't overtrain! If you overtrain, your appetite will increase and you will start eating like a 250-pound football player and not a fitness model. Rather do just enough to blast fat, and not to hit a plateau. Again if you overtrain, your body will "lock up" and not allow you to burn the fat off that you need too, because it will reach a state of "shock," thus holding onto the fat.

Sample Meal Plan:

Meal 1 (Breakfast): 5 egg whites + 1 yolk, 0% plain Greek yogurt
Meal 2 (Post Workout): Protein shake
Meal 3 (Lunch): 1 chicken breast, sliced over spinach salad + tomatoes, red onions, snow peas (no dressing)
Meal 4 (Afternoon): Almonds, chopped veggies
Meal 5 (Dinner): chicken stir fry
Meal 6 (Evening): 0% cottage cheese with pepper OR 0% plain Greek yogurt OR protein shake.

For more meal plans, click here

For sweet treats, try these recipes:

16 comments:

  1. thanks, i really enjoy reading your blog..
    u r right, i recently do a tons of high intensity cardio and i found my appeptite increase HUGELY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's lovely to hear from my readers. Make sure you subscribe to my blog and you can get my weekly posts in your mailbox :) Good luck on your health and fitness journey x

      Delete
    2. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me.weight lifting

      Delete
  2. HI Amy,
    Just wondering do you have a specific meal plan - or the one above you repeat every day?? I think yoghurt makes me really full/bloated as Ive been eating basically what you say above (however I do add about 15g oats and occasional pumpkin to meals)..should I skip these carbs? And what could I subsititue for yoghurt if it isnt working for me...
    Thanks heaps
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candice,

      I am going to write a post today on alternative meal plans to follow which will give you options to mix it up. I find yoghurt bloats me too, which is usually from the lactose. I have my egg whites will spinach and mixed vegetables or fruit to replace the yoghurt. You can replace the evening snack with a small piece of fruit and a peppermint tea. A small amount of carbs, especially the ones you are eating, is perfectly fine because it gives you energy and you will need that if you are training!

      Hope this helps x

      Delete

  3. Are you too much tensed about your increasing body weight so please follow this blog,its too much helpfully for everyone :-
    The advanced colon cleansing nyc new things which are coming in the gaining time require proper attention. It is important to colon hydrotherapy nyc consider the things all carefully so that none can cheat or fraud the individual. Once the bas things are surged you can always colonics upper west side move ahead with bets possible result in the market. Here is what is so important for detox nyc every valuation.

    ALOKA UST-9130

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to see the best information about the healthy tips . Thanks for sharing with us.
    Toshiba PVT-375BT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice article, I am following less carbs, high protein diet and I can see myself getting shred every week. I went through this article about the diet plans of 18 top fitness models and it inspired me a lot. It is worth mentioning that these beautiful models work their heart and soul to get such ripped body, this is the article. Just look at the diet of these model you might feel inspired too: http://www.theworkoutmagazine.com/fitness-models-diet.../

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it alright to post some portion of this on my site essentially present a hyperlink on this site page? skinny fiber review

    ReplyDelete
  7. A debt of gratitude is in order for setting aside an ideal opportunity to talk about this, I feel firmly that affection and read more on this point. On the off chance that conceivable, for example, pick up learning, would you psyche overhauling your web journal with extra data? It is exceptionally helpful for me. Jose K. Aguayo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I infer I haven"t interpreted specified incomparable physical anywhere added online. Organifi discount

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fashionable gym workout clothes thanks for sharing with us.It's more valuable for me and for related clothes go our main page gym tank tops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are workouts that strike all the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) buttons and workouts that help you tone up. best natural testosterone booster bodybuilding

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would probably behoove me to listen to that advice regarding Target trips. http://healthtrendz.co/1-hour-belly-blast-diet/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in no doubt coming back again to read these articles and blogs. my company

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad I found this web site. I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know. im always look for people to check out my web site. Pakistani Instagram

    ReplyDelete