|Freshly baked peanut butter cookie muffins|
Peanut Butter Cookie Muffins
- 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 100 grams of salted butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar + extra for topping and base
- 3/4 cup of low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- butter for tops and greasing pan
- Microwave the butter on low heat for 10 seconds until softened and very slightly melted. Add the 3/4 cup of sugar and peanut butter and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Heat the milk in a small jug until warm and pour into the peanut butter mixture, mixing well. Allow this to cool before adding to flour.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking powder and add the oats.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and oats mixture and add the peanut butter mixture.
- Gently mix ingredients all together until combined but not overworked as the flour can go tough and make the muffins like rocks in the centre.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Fill each muffin hole with your muffin mixture and top with a small knob of butter and more brown sugar.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees) for 25 - 30 minutes until very golden brown and crunchy.
- Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool, and after 5 minutes, cover with a tea towel.