March 14, 2012

Carrie Underwood's body secrets and vegan lifestyle in Self Magazine


The beautiful and newly married Carrie Underwood talked to Self Magazine about her lifestyle and body confidence, including explaining her diet change to become vegan. After being a vegetarian for more than seven years, Carrie decided to take her approach one step further and convert to a vegan lifestyle.


While Carrie is adamant she will never eat meat again, she is drawn to the thought of having her own farm and consuming her own produce saying "...if I could raise my own cows and chickens and produce my own eggs and cheese, it would be awesome! Carrie explains her motivations for becoming vegan by saying, "my veganism is based on a concern about where my food is coming from." 


To achieve her body and fitness goals, Carrie religiously keeps a food journal, which can be a helpful tool in managing your food intake and exercise regime. She also avoids stodgy foods explaning to Self, "I lay off starches. I'm not a fan of the nocarb thing; you're going to get yourself in trouble that way. So I have lots of veggies and fruit but no other starches or bread." 


To keep her body in check, Carrie works out with a trainer and is dedicated to incorporating exercise into her daily life. "In the beginning, my biggest fear was being criticized. Now I'm a lot better with saying, I feel good about myself and that's enough." 







No comments:

Post a Comment