Gluten-free banana muesli muffins
- 2 cups of gluten-free muesli (I chose a banana and date combination with nuts and seeds)
- 3/4 cup of gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 cup of organic oats
- 3/4 cup of rice milk
- 1 organic free-range egg
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix in a large bowl the gluten-free muesli, flour and oats.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Add in the banana, vanilla, oils and milk and mix together.
- Make a small well in the centre of the dry mix and add the wet ingredients. Gently mix all the ingredients together until combined. Don't vigorously mix these ingredients because it can make the muffins tough and rubbery.
- Divide the mixture amongst 12 greased muffin holes. Push the mixture into each muffin hole until all the mixture is evenly distributed. Since the muffins won't rise considerably, do not worry about filling each generously.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30 - 35 minutes until cooked through and golden and toasty on top.
- Take out the oven tray and place each muffin on a wire rack to cool.