|Freshly baked strawberry chocolate muffins|
|Cake batter in progress|
My cakes turned out to have a lovely texture and rich taste, and I actually think they are much nicer than a 'low-fat' regular cake mix, which I think can taste very artificial and cake-mix detectable. I enhanced my batter with some added flavours (see my recipe below), but the mix is very versatile so add whatever you like. I would suggest banana chunks, dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
Skinny strawberry chocolate muffins
- Vitarium reduced-sugar muffin mix
- 250 ml of chocolate soy milk (reduced-fat)
- 50 grams of melted butter
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh small strawberries (hulled)
- Using an electric mixer, combine all ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds until combined.
- Scrape down the bowl and remix for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Fill muffin holes with the mixture (either covered in patty pans or sprayed with cooking oil) - I don't specify the number here as I made 20 small muffins. You may like to make larger cakes. Either way, you will need two muffin tins.
- Press in 3 strawberries into each muffin and lightly press into the mix.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until risen and browned.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.