Gluten-free Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 1/2 cup of plain gluten-free flour
- a pinch of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 80 grams of organic butter, melted
- 100 ml of almond milk
- 3/4 cup of roasted walnuts, roughly chopped (I roasted mine in the oven for 10 minutes)
- 1/2 cup of goji berries, soaked in boiling water and drained
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a deep brownie pan or disposable foil tray
- Sift flours, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl. Add sugar and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add eggs and melted butter. Pour in the goji berries and walnuts. Mix until just smooth.
- Spread batter into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes - you should see the brownie shrinking away from the side of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin before slicing into squares.