Whip up these delicious muffins, which are easy to digest and will get you moving for the day.
Banana Soy Muffins
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 1 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of bicarb of soda
- 100 grams of 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped dates
- 1 cup of mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 50 ml of vegetable oil
- 150 ml of low-fat soy milk
- 1 egg
- Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flours, soda and sugar in a large bowl; stir in the dates.
- Add in banana, honey, oil, milk, and egg but do not overmix just combine ingredients.
- Divide mixture between muffin holes and bake in a moderately hot oven (200 degrees) for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or wrap with foil and individually freeze.