This is the ultimate chocolate slice that sets off explosions in your mouth of sweetness, crunch and a hint of saltiness. The combinations are heavenly and this is a treat to whip up for a party (yes you will impress all) or to use as a gift for someone extra special. This recipe came from Nigella, who devised the recipe after snacking on salted peanuts and chocolate simultaneously. I don't know of anyone else who would admit to doing that late at night but I will thank her for it because this recipe is great. Although, I will issue a slight warning - very addictive. Best to make this with the intention to give most of it away...
Sweet and salty crunchy slice
- 200 grams of milk chocolte
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 150 grams of organic butter
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 packet of salted roasted peanuts
- 1 large Crunchie bar
- 1 oven foil tin
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup on low heat in a small saucepan. Once melted and mixed together, take off the heat and mix in peanuts and crush in the Crunchie bar. Immediately pour into the foil tray and smooth down with a spatula.
- Cover with clingfilm and put on a flat surface in the freezer or fridge. The freezer will obviously cut down setting time (which is four hours in the fridge.)
- Once set, cut up into squares with a sharp knife. I like to individually wrap each piece in foil and store in a container in the freezer (I think they taste better cold from the freezer but this is personal preference.)