January 12, 2012

Cheers to the weekend.... with strawberry daiquiries

A photo taken from the Four Seasons in Chiang Mai Thailand 



To finish the work week, indulge in a fresh fruity cocktail. When I went to Thailand a few years ago, I am quite sure I drank my body weight in strawberry daiquiris. These cocktails are very easy to make and because of the high fruit content, the effects of the dehydrating alcohol are somewhat offset...

Despite the questionable health properties, to make these drinks, you will first need a blender and some fresh fruit of your choice. My favourites are mango and strawberry combinations.

Strawberry Daiquiri

Ingredients:
*50ml of white rum
*10ml freshly squeezed lime juice
*6 ripe strawberries
*1 cup of ice

Serves 1

Directions:
Put all ingredients into a blender and let the blades do their work to crush the strawberries and ice into a sweet sludge. Add a little sweetner if you think it needs a pick-me-up. If the strawberries are very ripe and in season, they probably won't need any help.

Serve in a stylish martini glass and if you like, add a strawberry or slice of lime perched on the side of the glass. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment