The secret ingredients to helping this jam set and upping the nutritional stakes in chia seeds! Chia seeds have a gelatinous quality to them when they are soaked in liquid, making them ideal for egg replacements or setting agents as they act as a binder.
Sugar-free Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp of Natvia stevia sweetener
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- Combine frozen raspberries, juice of 1/2 lemon and stevia in a small sauce pan and heat over low. Mash berries with a fork and stir until broken down to a smooth consistency. If your berries aren't overly sweet, you may want to add more stevia so make sure you do a little taste test.
- Add chia seeds and mix well.
- Pour jam into sterilized jar (125 ml) and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.