These taste like the real thing, creamy and rich, with a sophisticated chocolate flavour perfect for grown ups. No butter or sugar in these truffles, I used cacao powder and a splash a coffee liquor to give the after-dark taste.
Sugar-free Chocolate Truffle
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 3 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of Natvia
- 2 scoops of vegan chocolate protein powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of chopped dried figs, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes and drained (reserve a little of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon of coffee liquor
- sprinkles to coat - obv not sugar-free but really pretty
- Stir together all the dry ingredients and add the remaining wet ingredients. Mix together until the ingredients form into a ball.
- Take a small spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball. Coat in sprinkles and place in a container. Repeat until finished.
- Let set in the freezer for at least four hours.