Patti Stanger shares her top five ways to cope through a break up and move forward unscathed. Recently single herself, Patti is a millionaire matchmaker and knows a thing or two when it comes to dating, and breaking up.
- Take a dating hiatus: The best thing you can do is to take a dating break. It can be anywhere from 30 to 90 days, depending on how long you were with the guy. I did meditation, and my teacher did hypnosis to clear the energy from past relationships and any residue I was harboring.
- Embrace Exercise: The endorphins kick in when you work out. Once I started exercising, I started feeling skinnier—and skinnier means sexier. It's not about losing weight; it's about feeling good.
- There's is plenty of fish in the.... : yes, we've heard this a thousand times but it's true. Whether you're 18 or 80, there's always another man around the corner.
- Put down the phone: The first thing you shouldn't do post-breakup is to call you ex-boyfriend and ask, 'Why did you break up with me?' Because obviously he didn't want you, and that's just going to make you feel bad. Even if he said, 'You don't listen,' or whatever the excuse, it's never going to make you feel good. Never ever. So don't ask.
- Find your own comfort: Watch TV, read magazines, eat chocolate or buy yourself some gorgeous new clothes, shoes or jewelry. Whatever makes you feel good. It's all about you.