These cakes are so moist and delicious, I couldn't have been happier with the results. They are beautiful as a muffin, toasted as an english muffin or served warm with co yo ice-cream and sugar-free maple syrup for dessert. Made with really clean ingredients, this is an excellent skinny sweet, which is free from gluten, any added sugar and packed with protein and healthy fats.
- 2 scoops of pea protein powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 mashed banana (great to use an overripe banana - I keep mine in the freezer and take out when I need it)
- 1 cup of apple puree
- the zest of one orange
- 1 small avocado
- 2/3 cup of egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of dried blueberries
- Pepitas and walnut to top
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Generously spray a large muffin tin with coconut oil spray. My muffin tin makes 8 large muffins.
- Mix together the egg whites, banana, maple syrup, vanilla, apple puree, orange zest, avocado and coconut oil.
- Stir in the protein powder and coconut flour until combined. Add in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture between each muffin hole and top with pepitas and walnuts. You can add any nuts or seeds you like (or have on hand).
- Bake for 25 minutes, until browned on top and set.
- Leave to cool before taking out and storing in the fridge for up to one week.