Perfect dessert as the cooler months approach, this apple crumble is made with delicious toasted walnuts and coconut, juicy green apples and superfood dried blueberries. I served mine with vanilla and nutmeg coconut milk icecream.
Healthy Apple Crumble
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of dried blueberries
- 5 tablespoons of sweetener
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 50 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- In a large oval dish, place the apples, blueberries, cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of sweetener, cover tightly with foil and oven bake for 45 minutes on 180 degrees.
- To make the topping, rub together the oats with the butter and coconut oil until the oats seem lightly coated. Sprinkle though 2 tablespoons of sweetener. If the mixture seems too dry, add more coconut oil.
- Take the softened apples out of the oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the cooled apples. Top with coconut and walnuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 180 degrees until the oats are toasted and golden brown.