Sinless Strawberry Slice
Makes 20 small slices
- 80 grams of ultra light pro-active margarine spread
- 1 beaten egg
- 200 grams of plain gluten-free biscuits made into fine crumbs either with a food processor or crushed in a sealed plastic bag - I use a rolling pin to whack the biscuits into crumbed submission...
- 1 packet of ultra light cream cheese
- 1 small tub of low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup of stevia sweetener (Natvia is the one I use)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk
- 100 grams of strawberries, hulled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 packet of sugar-free strawberry jelly - made using half the water required
- Line a 22 cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Microwave the margarine in a medium bowl until melted and add the biscuit crumbs. Add the beaten egg and mix everything together.
- Press this biscuit mixture into the base of the baking dish and refrigerate.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the sweetener, vanilla, cream cheese, milk and cottage cheese and mix together. Mix in the strawberries on a low speed until combined.
- Pour this cheese mixture over the biscuit base and spread out until flattened. Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.
- Make the jelly according to the packet directions but use half the water required. When the crystals are dissolved and the mixture is completely cool, carefully pour over the cheese slice. Place back in the fridge to cool for 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut carefully into slices by dipping the knife into boiling water after each cut.
- Store in the fridge (will last 2 days).