August 01, 2012
Lime and Lemon water improves digestion
1) Warm lemon/lime water helps purify and stimulate the liver, liquefying bile while inhibiting excess bile flow.
2) Warm lemon/lime water aids digestion. It's atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. Good if you tend to suffer from acid reflux or digestive problems.
3) The liver produces more enzymes from lemon/lime water than any other food, according to A.F. Beddoe, author of Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition. Enzymes are important for overall liver function.
4) The lemon/lime water helps bowels eliminate naturally and easily.
5) Lemons and limes are high in potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that works with sodium for smooth electrical transmission in the brain and nervous system. Depression, anxiety, fogginess, and forgetfulness can often be traced to low potassium blood levels. That same nervous system needs potassium to assure steady signals to the heart. Your heart health is improved from the lemon water's potassium.
6) Calcium and magnesium are plentiful in good ratio to each other in lemon/lime water. Magnesium is important for heart health and calcium keeps bones strong.
7) Lemon/lime water can help lower blood pressure.
8) Lemon/lime water has an alkalizing effect in the body as it is buffered. Even if you drink it just before any meal, it will help your body maintain a higher pH than if you didn't drink it. The higher or more alkaline your pH, the more your inner terrain is resistant to minor and major disease.
9) Helps dilute uric acid, which if it accumulates it creates arthritic pain or gout.
10) Helps reduce phlegm in the body.
How and When
Warm purified fluoride free water or spring water should be used to mix at least a half of a lemon or lime without any sweetener. This should be done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and don't start eating breakfast right away. Some recommend an hour before eating for maximum results.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/033383_lemon_juice_digestion.html#ixzz22MmwOZAX