Giant Chocolate Button Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 180 grams of organic butter, very soft
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1 packet of Cadbury's giant chocolate buttons
- 1 egg at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a large baking tin with grease-proof paper.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and pour in the chocolate buttons, mixing with a wooden spoon to gradually combine.
- Once the ingredients are combined, take a large tablespoon of the mixture and roughly shape into a ball.
- Place the ball on the tray and slightly flatten.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture, leaving a couple of centimeters between each biscuit and they will spread when cooking.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until golden but still soft. If you prefer your cookies more crisp, leave in for a few minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days.