December 18, 2011

A note about novelty cake tins



I made a vanilla and cherry cake a few weeks ago in this gorgeous butterfly tin I bought online at Peter's of Kensington. I didn't ice it the cake because it came out so beautifully, I didn't want to impede on the elaborate design. I served the cake at an afternoon tea for my mum and her friends. I did dust with icing sugar before serving. You can serve with an accompaniment of organic yogurt.

To make the cake, I used a basic low-fat vanilla cake mix (Betty Crocker makes the best premixes) and added 1/2 cup of chopped red glace cherries and fresh vanilla extract. Delicious!

Nigella also loves her kitsch cake accessories, and whilst I was watching her Christmas Kitchen program, she whipped out another favourite. She reveals her pretty as a picture Vanilla Cake in this video, just in time for Christmas. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment