A basic sweet cupcake recipe is essential to any bakers repertoire. For those bakers who like a healthy twist on their sweets, this is the type of vanilla cupcake that you will want to make, satisfying vegan and gluten/dairy free requirements. You could also swap the honey for stevia if you wanted to create a lower sugar cake.
- 1/2 cup sitfted coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the dry in ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well (a hand mixer works great).
- Divide batter among 8 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool and then frost.
*Store in a airtight container at room temperature for a few days or in the fridge for about a week.
1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese or tofu cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup stevia
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter or vegan butter, softened
1/4 cup stevia icing sugar mixture
2 Tbsp. cocoa
For both icings, whip together all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.