Spiced poached fruits, red jewelled cranberries and buttery fragrant coconut all represent the flavours of Christmas and the festive December month. My cake is made with these festive favourites combined with almonds, quinoa and eggs to make a decadent but healthy sweet treat. The eggs make this cake super moist and golden with a richness that works for the cake to be served alone or warmed with custard for an after-dinner pudding. Making the whole cake in a blender creates minimal mess and apart from the baking time of 45 minutes, it really takes little effort to make.
Gluten-free Low Sugar Peach, Cranberry and Coconut Cake
- 200 grams of almond meal and quinoa mix
- 5 organic eggs
- 450 grams of tinned peaches
- 1 cup of Natvia
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup of cranberries
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- Use a blender to puree the eggs and sugar until creamy.
- Add the peaches without liquid.
- Mix in the almond meal and baking powder until combined but don't over mix.
- Stir in the cranberries and coconut.
- Pour into a lined baking tin or generously cover the tin with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle over some shredded coconut.
- Bake for 45 minutes on a moderate heat. Check the cake is set by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out clean you will know it's baked through.
- Let cool in the pan.