January 28, 2013

Grilled Salmon with Berry and Grape Salad inspired by the Beverly Wilshire Hotel

Hi my lovely readers, I just got back from a trip to L.A. and Las Vegas and found some really delicious foods and inspiration for healthy recipes! I ate out everyday and (most of the time) managed to find healthy options in keeping with my dietary rules. One lunch I particularly enjoyed was this gorgeous grilled salmon with a berry salad, arranged on a bed of mesculin lettuce and filled with blackberries, red grapes, pomegranate seeds, sliced strawberries, finely diced celery and shredded basil. (I didn't partake in the creamy balsamic dressing....)



Apart from all the fabulous shopping to do in both locations, I was determined to check out Whole Foods as I had a feeling I might fall in love; and I was right. Whole Foods is a health nut's heaven. Often frequented by celebrities, Whole Foods has a fantastic range of gluten-free and vegan goodies, with a much wider range of foods to choose from then I have available to me here in Australia. I sampled some delicious healthy treats like crunchy kale chips coated in crushed seeds, raw date and coconut energy bars, sesame tofu and chickpea kale salad, and chocolate almond milk smoothies. I will definitely have to recreate these dishes at home until my prayers are answered and Whole Foods comes to Aus! See a few of my purchases and other meal choices in my travel pics below.


Room Service at Beverly Hills; Egg white omelette with grilled vegetables, salsa and a side of fresh berries
Clean Eating mag, fruit and kale sale with chickpeas
Kale Kruch chips coated in crushed seeds
Breakfast at the Pool Lounge at the Peninsula, Beverly Hills
Golden Beet and Walnut Salad at Geoffrey's, Malibu Beach


Fruit Plate at the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas; Thailand fruits, berries, sliced melons and wheatgrass shot



Stunning Lobster Salad from the Venetian Restaurant 'AquaKnox'

No comments:

Post a Comment