Sugar-free Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
(makes 14 cookies)
- 1 cup organic peanut butter (smooth or crunchy depending on your favourite)
- 1/4 cup of Natvia stevia sweetener
- 2 tablespoons of oat flour (to make pulverise oats in a food processor)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I like to use the paste)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of weight-watchers forest fruits jam (or another sugar-free berry jam)
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, Natvia, egg, and vanilla extract. I like to use an electric mixer to whip the ingredients into a creamy consistency. Add the flour and briefly mix to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with greased-proof paper and preheat the oven to 180 degree (moderately hot). Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop cookie dough balls onto the parchment paper. If you don't have a scoop, use a tablespoon and roll the cookies into a ball.
- Press your finger into each cookie dough ball to make a crevice for the jam (yes, they are meant to be 'thumbprint cookies' but a using your finger just works better!). Put 1/4 teaspoon of jam into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 11 minutes. Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy!