July 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Clueless

The defining moment in my young teenage life was watching Clueless on video for the first time. Suddenly my future was clear, I needed to be exactly like Cher. An obsessive desire for a mobile phone, knee high socks and Jeep Wrangler ensued. I wrote with fluffy pens, used 'whatever!' and 'as if!' in my daily vernacular and played "I wanna be a supermodel" on rotation. I can now say with some confidence I am past my Clueless obsession, but I still have the movie poster framed in my apartment. There is just some things you can't let go... To celebrate the movie's birthday, let's look at some of the best lines from the cult film.

Cher: Miss Stoeger, I would just like to say that physical education in this school is a disgrace. I mean, standing in line for forty minutes is hardly aerobically effective. I doubt I've worked off the calories in a stick of Carefree gum. 

Mel: Do you know what time it is?
Cher: A watch doesn't really go with this outfit, daddy. 

Cher: I feel like such a heifer. I had two bowls of Special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&M's and like 3 pieces of licorice. 

Amber: Ms. Stoeger, my plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activity where balls fly at my nose.
Dionne: Well, there goes your social life. 

Cher: Would you call me selfish?
Dionne: No, not to your face. 

Josh: Hey, James Bond, in America we drive on the right side of the road.
Cher: I am. You try driving in platforms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment