- 150g raw almonds
- 80grams almond meal
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 scoops vanilla Sun Warrior Protein/ protein powder (you can omit this if you want)
- A dash of vanilla essence
- One shot of rum (you can omit if you don't want the alcohol!)
- 2 cups of loosely packed medjool dates, soaked
- Water from soaked dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
For Mixing through/ coating balls:
- Loving Earth Deluxe Bukinis
- Cacao nibs
- More desiccated coconut
- Firstly, soak the dates in hot/boiling water for 10 – 15 minutes - this is particularly necessary if you buy the sealed packet in the baking section and not fresh dates as they are more dry.
- Place almonds, almond meal, cacao powder, cinnamon, coconut and protein powder in a blender or food processor or blender and mix until the almonds are crumbly.
- Add the dates and the rum if you are using. Slowly add drained water until the mixture starts to come together. Stop adding water when you reach your desired consistency.
- Mix through cacao nibs and bukinis
- Roll into small balls and coat in desiccated coconut
- Store in the fridge – Makes around 20-25 balls