Thai Chicken Patties (gluten-free)
- 500 grams of organic minced chicken or buy chicken breast and process into mince
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Baby Asian salad leaves and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Brown rice noodles, to serve
- Cook the rice noodles as per the instructions and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, egg, curry paste, fish sauce, palm or caster sugar, lime zest and juice, and coriander leaves, and mix until combined. Use wet hands to form the chicken mixture into small meat ball sizes or patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken cakes, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken cakes with Asian salad leaves, rice noodles and sweet chilli sauce. I buy Natvia sweetened chilli sauce as regular sweet chilli sauce is high in sugar.