Adding coconut yoghurt makes these muffins decadently moist and satisfying, pleasing all crowds. Packed with nourishing ingredients high in healthy fats and muscle-building protein, this is the type of cake you can justify eating at breakfast, lunch or dinner. For a dessert treat, serve with coconut ice cream or coconut yoghurt.
Paleo and Vegan Apple Crumble Muffins
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 scoops of vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal or LSA
- 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of stevia sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, diced
- shredded coconut for topping
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees. Spray coconut oil in a silicone muffin tin or line with patty pans.
- Mix all ingredients together gently, in a large bowl, until combined.
- Fill each muffin hole with mixture until divided amongst 12 cups. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until cooked through.
- Let cool in the pan until transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.