Me: Love coffee?
You: Need. Now.
Me: Love chocolate?
Me: Love cake?
You: Mmm. Cake... (cake cake cake)
This one's for you.
Ok let's do this.
Vegan Mocha Cake
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 shot of espresso coffee
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 of stevia granules (I use Natvia)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoon of cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegan choc chip for topping
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced (moderately hot).
- Grease a bundt tin or cake tin with coconut oil thoroughly. You don't want that baby to stick!
- Whip together the coconut oil, stevia, flax or chia and vanilla. Whisk in the espresso and almond milk.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in the oat flour, almond flour, spices, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and gradually pour in the wet ingredients. Very gently (!) mix together the ingredients until just combined. This helps the cake to stay moist and not gluey when it bakes.
- Pour the mixture into your greased cake tin and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cake springs back when you press the top.
- Let the cake cool slightly (few minutes) before turning onto a wire rack to cool.