I promise no one will be able to detect the mystery ingredient, although if you think it will deter friends and family from devouring these blondies in one go, you may want to drop the chickpea bomb...
- 400 grams/1 can of cooked chickpeas (or garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 of Natvia sweetener (stevia sweetener)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 chocolate protein bar, chopped or 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Grease a small brownie tin with coconut oil or line with baking paper.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients except for the protein bar or chocolate chips and combine until creamy.
- Fold in the chocolate and pour the mixture into a tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees) for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Don't overcook the blondies or they will be a bit dry.
- Let cool in the tin and then slice, and serve, or store in an airtight container.