- Have a large glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon.
- Your blood has the highest levels of toxins when you wake up in the morning and drinking water with lemon will help to flush these toxins out and dilute them.
- Take a milk thistle supplement which helps to energize your liver, your body's key detoxing organ.
- Eat a healthy breakfast of traditional oats with almond milk, with some banana or blueberries for sweetness. Add some flaxseeds or LSA mix to help flush out your colon. If you soak the seeds overnight it will speed up your digestion, allowing you to see the results faster and this will be easier on your digestive system.
- Snack on super foods, like raspberries which contain a powerful antioxidant ellagic acid. Try adding low-fat plain yoghurt and a handful of sunflower seeds for added energy.
- Take 10 minutes to practice calm breathing and muscle stretches to keep your stress hormones at bay throughout the day.
- When choosing a lunch option, avoid anything salty as this will cause water retention and slow down the elimination of toxins. A fresh salad is a great clean option. Look for lean meat and avoid any cheese or creamy dressings.
- Take a 15 minute walk in your lunch break in the sun to soak up some much needed Vitamin D, which is commonly low in office workers. Vitamin D is essential to strong bones, muscles and overall good health. A short burst of sun can also boost your mood for the afternoon.
- Take time out for a herbal tea. One of my favorites is dandelion tea which cleanses both your liver and kidneys. This type of tea is also a natural diuretic, which will flush your body of toxins.
- Time for another superfood adventure, and why not try a shot of wheatgrass from your local juice bar! Wheatgrass is full on nutrients and detoxing chlorophyll. Many swear by its regenerating effects, which can be felt within minutes of downing the green shot.
- Go for a long brisk walk, using your arms to reinvigorate your body at the end of the day and stimulate blood flow. Avoid high intensity workouts that can stress the body while you are detoxing. Punishing workouts can release cortisol into the body, which is detrimental to the body's organs and encourages the storage of fat.
- At dinner time, choose a clean and lean meal without heavy carbs or greasy fats. Steamed vegetables and grilled fish is an excellent option. Cooked quinoa is a great accompaniment to your meal, as it is protein packed and gluten-free.
- Have a cup of peppermint tea to aid in digestion and hit the hay to get a restful night's sleep, which is crucial to overall health and mood.