Gluten-free Banana French Toast - the healthy way
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 piece of gluten-free bread (thaw if it is frozen)
- 1 chopped banana
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons of xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla whey protein powder (you can skip this ingredient if you don't have it)
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg white, xylitol, vanilla, cinnamon and protein powder.
- Soak the piece of bread in the egg mixture, ensuring both sides are coated.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick fry pan until hot.
- Place the bread into the hot oil and fry on one side for a few minutes on medium heat, before flipping over the cook the other side. When you flip the bread, add the banana into the pan in the remaining coconut oil to brown.
- When finished, served the french toast with caramelized banana on top.