February 28, 2016

Carrot Cake Cookies


Whether it is a happy or sad occasion, someone is visiting me or I am going to see them, or I just need some baking therapy, I will find myself wanting to get in the kitchen. When I made these cookies over the weekend, I made them for the combination of all the reasons above. Baking is so therapeutic for me, particularly when I can get creative with ingredients and make something delicious and nourishing. 

I was inspired by a recent cookbook purchase of the Lola Berry The Happy Life cookbook. Lola's book is a really sweet representation of how she keeps a positive mind and a healthy body. She touches on mindful versus emotional eating, how to keep your thoughts grounded, ways to connect to your soul, strengthening intimacy and even how to create your own cookbook. 

Amongst Lola's life advice, she has healthy recipes to browse. I found her carrot cake cookies and decided to try it for myself. What I like about these cookies is that they are so filling and nourishing, you can easily have them for breakfast and they make such a healthy snack. 

Ingredients:
1 cup of almond meal (I used hazelnut meal and flaxseed mix as I had that on hand)
1/4 cup of coconut flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ginger
a pinch of nutmeg
1 cup of coconut sugar (I used date sugar as I also had that on hand) *coconut sugar can be expensive, if you rather just substitute for brown sugar but use 3/4 of a cup 
1/2 cup of almond butter
1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 eggs, heated
2 carrots (1 large or 2 small), grates
1/4 cup of sultanas 

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degresss and line a baking tray with greased-proof paper.
Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
Add all the wet ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
I then placed the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes.
Using a tablespoon, form mixture into balls and flatter on the prepared tray. 
Bake for 10 minutes until cookies are golden and set.

Makes 12

3 comments:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're trying hard to lose pounds then you absolutely have to start following this brand new personalized keto diet.

    To design this keto diet, licenced nutritionists, fitness trainers, and professional cooks have united to provide keto meal plans that are productive, decent, money-efficient, and delightful.

    From their launch in 2019, hundreds of clients have already transformed their body and health with the benefits a good keto diet can offer.

    Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones offered by the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete