This recipe is taken from The Conscious Foodie, another blogger dedicated to providing yummy healthy treat recipes! What's great about this recipe is you don't have to do any baking, just prepare and leave to cool in the fridge for a fudgey and delicious end result.
Conscious Foodie's Raw Choc Brownies
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 10 fresh dates (seeds removed)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Strawberries (or other berries) to serve
- Process almonds, walnuts and cacao until the nuts turn into a fine meal and the cacao is well combined.
- Add dates slowly until the mixture combines and starts to stick together.
- Finally add coconut oil and process until well combined.
- Press the combined brownie mixture into a small tray. Place in the fridge while you make the icing.
- To make the icing, process all ingredients until smooth and then spread on top of the brownie.
- Cool in the fridge for 3 hours, then cut into squares and serve with strawberries (or other berries). These brownies are best stored in the fridge. Enjoy!