Chocolate-covered Gluten-free Peanut Oat Cookies
- 3/4 cup of organic peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of stevia sweetener crystals
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 1/2 a small packet of chocolate melts or chips (you may need a little more depending how thick you like the chocolate on the cookies) * you can also crumble a few bits of chocolate into the cookie mixture at step 3 if you like a little extra chocolate taste.
- Preheat the oven to a hot 200 degrees and line a large baking tray with oven paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, stevia and egg.
- Add in the coconut and oats and mix together until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out a spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball before flattening out on the oven tray. Flattening the cookies will help them to bake golden and crunchy.
- Repeat this rolling and flattening until all the mixture is used up. You can put the cookies quite close together on the tray because unlike traditional biscuits, they won't spread when baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes until very golden and toasty; or cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cooled, microwave the chocolate on medium heat for about 2 minutes but check regularly as to not let it burn. Mix the chocolate together until smooth.
- Cover the bottom of each cookie with the melted chocolate using a spoon.
- Let set before transferring to a container and keeping in the fridge.