Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake
- 100 grams of organic butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and thoroughly grease a small bundt cake tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy and add in the eggs, beating until slightly pale in colour.
- Sift in the flour and pour in the buttermilk, gently stirring ingredients together until just mixed.
- Spoon mixture into the tin and scatter oven the blueberries, lightly pressing into the mixture.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Make the vanilla syrup by heating the ingredients over a low heat, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the cake in cooked, take out to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Pour over the vanilla syrup and leave to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.